37 weeks

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How far along: 37 weeks

Baby's size: A Watermelon
Ella is officially full-term! Yay! She's gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting her first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. She could now be born at any time and likely thrive. But while she's waiting, it's practice, practice and more practice! She's brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (she's getting strong!).


Blog Button

Symptoms: Back pain, rib pain, hip pain .... had swollen ankles for the first time last Friday! But I'm sure that's just because I spent Thursday night cleaning the entire house! Probably pushed it a little too much. I was exhausted on Friday!

Sleep: Same old story here.

Total Weight Gain: 29 pounds

Maternity clothes: Yup, definitely wearing them!

Best moment this week: Dr. B "checked" me for the first time at my appointment on Friday. Ok, so that wasn't exactly the most fun moment, but definitely exciting!

Movement: I can definitely tell she's getting bigger! Her movements are starting to get more uncomfortable for me.

Food cravings: Still none ...

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs: No contractions or symptoms of labor. On Friday Dr. B said I was 1 cm dilated and Ella's head is at station 0. Dilation is the width that the cervix is open. The cervix needs to dilate from zero to 10 cm. Station refers to how high the baby's head is in the pelvis, and is determined by feeling inside the vagina. This is typically measured from -3 to +3. 0 station means the baby has dropped or engaged well into the pelvis and that her head rests right at the level of the ischial spines. +3 means the baby's head is visible at the opening of the vagina, also known as crowning. So for 36 1/2 weeks we're off to a great start!

What I miss: Feeling comfortable.

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my baby in 3 weeks!

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestone: I guess I've officially "dropped"!

Emotions: I'm feeling completely torn. Part of me feels like this little girl is coming way too quickly! The other part of me feels like she can't come soon enough! I feel like there is still so much to be done, and so much I do not know! But I simply cannot wait to see her face and meet her for the first time.

2 comments:

Hanna November 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

CONGRATS!!! You look awesome and so petite compared to me. I'm only 31 weeks and look like rhino:)
HI there! I found your blog on Top Baby Blogs and it's lovely! I am your newest follower Nice to meet you!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
Have a peek at my all handmade giveaways if you stop by. Everything is gorgeous!

ONE WORLD NOW November 26, 2010 at 4:21 AM  

Thanksgiving Day just ended in Honolulu, where I am living since retiring from a litigation law practice in New Mexico.
I discovered this blog today, and it made my Thanksgiving Day even better.
I am also Hanna. Robert C. Hanna
you are cordially invited to visit my blog (when you find time)
http://discovermeandyouwillknowus.blogspot.com/2009/07/be-still-and-know-that-i-am.html?zx=888cdac84602f496

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP