36 weeks ... one month to go!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How far along: 36 weeks

Baby's size: A Honeydew
Ella's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own. Most of her bones and cartilage are are quite soft (they'll harden after the first few years of life) - allowing for an easier journey as she squeezes through the birth canal at delivery. At this stage, the skull bones are also not fused together yet so that her head can easily (well, relatively easily) maneuver through the birth canal. Her growth is slowing down now, both so she can fit through the narrow passageway to the outside and also so she can store up all the energy needed for delivery.


Blog Button

Symptoms: My back pain is getting worse - I really need to get in to see a masseuse or chiropractor. My friend rib pain still won't leave my side. I'm also experiencing more discomfort in my hips. I'm assuming this is because they are loosening for delivery. After sitting or standing (or even laying) in one position for a while they are pretty sore. But I'll take that as a good thing if it means easier delivery!

Sleep: Same old story here. With my back pain, I can't ever seem to get comfortable at night. Sleeping on my side puts more pressure on my back. Sleeping on my back feels the best for my back, but that's not very comfortable with my belly weighing down on my. The best position is about half way between on my back and on my side - with a pillow propped behind and in front of me. Makes it pretty hard for hubby to get anywhere near me!

Total Weight Gain: 27 pounds

Maternity clothes: Did some outlet shopping this weekend. Bought a dress, a cardigan, a 3/4 sleeve shirt, a tshirt and a tank top all for about $40! None of which were maternity. I'm still having more luck finding styles that accommodate a belly, or simply buying a larger size. Maternity clothes just don't seem to fit me well - or if they do, they're often too expensive for my taste!

Best moment this week: Had my second "unofficial" baby shower on Sunday. Got together with all my girlfriends from college for cider, yummy fall desserts, and some good catch up time. They all went together and bought me a white and pink BabyBjorn. So sweet!

Movement: Yup, still moving! I never did get around to start doing kick counts. I guess she moves so much that it hasn't seemed necessary.

Food cravings: Still none ...

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs: None. Thankfully!

What I miss: Feeling comfortable.

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my baby in 4 weeks!

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestone: One month to go!


Emotions: Pregnancy hormones can be really annoying at times! A simple inconsiderate comment, that would normally just roll off my back, can send me into tears. Poor hubby doesn't know what to do sometime! But he is so sweet and considerate and never makes me feel stupid. He just listens - which is usually all I need anyway. Not sure how I got so lucky to have him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP