35 weeks ... 35 days to go

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How far along: 35 weeks

Baby's size: A Honeydew
From now on, Ella's growth is mostly in the plumping up department - though she won't get much longer, she'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. BAck in the middle of pregnancy, Ella's weight was made up of only 2% fat; now she's about 15% and will be about 30% by full-term.) Her hearing is totally developed (though she responds best to higher pitches.) Also continuing to grow at an amazing pace is her brain power. Luckily, the part that surrounds that amazing brain - the skull - remains soft. And for good reason: a soft skull will allow her to squeeze more easily through the birth canal. God was really thinking this one through - imagine trying to push out a rock-hard head ... ouch!


Blog Button

Symptoms: Back pain, rib pain, leg cramps, frequent bathroom trips ...and started getting a little heartburn in the evenings sometimes.

Sleep: Getting comfortable at night is nearly impossible. But once I fall asleep I seem to sleep well. Thankfully I don't really wake up to go to the bathroom much at all. But IF I do wake up for another reason, it most certainly means a trip to the bathroom!

Total Weight Gain: 26 pounds ... my weight gain seems to be slow lately - not that I'm complaining! Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. I continue to measure right on schedule at every OB visit, so I'll just wait and see!

Maternity clothes: My wardrobe is getting more and more limited. I've been pretty lucky so far that a lot of my regular clothes have still worked. But more and more of my tshirts are not making it over my growing bump! But I guess with only 5 weeks left there doesn't seem like much point in buying more maternity clothes, so I'll just make due!

Best moment this week: Had my first baby shower on Saturday. It was SO fun to have so many come, especially a lot of my cousins who surprised me by driving up (many from out of state) for the afternoon.

Movement: She's moving just as much as ever. According to Dr. B and Dr. F, she's been head down for over a month, but she loves to stick her butt out near my belly button ... I told her daddy he's going to have to talk to her about being modest :)

Food cravings: Still none ...

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs: None. Thankfully!

What I miss: Feeling comfortable.

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my baby in 5 weeks! And my second shower this weekend.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestone:

Emotions: Kind of freaking out about the whole labor and delivery thing - mostly because I simply don't know what to expect, so it seems impossible to have any sort of realistic 'plan' in place. But lamaze class is helping, so we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP