expired

Monday, February 15, 2010

After my niece was born a year and a half ago, I inherited a leftover pregnancy test from my sister-in-law. Many times since then I’ve been tempted to use it, but never mustered the gumption to go through with it. What if hubs found it? What would he think? I wasn’t ready at the time to have THAT conversation.

So once we decided to try for a baby, I tore apart the bathroom looking for the little tool. (Well not really, I’m too much of an organized perfectionist to tear anything apart, but you get the point.) Upon finding it I realized two problems: 1) there were no instructions; and 2) it expired 9 months ago.

The first problem was nothing that Google couldn’t fix. It didn’t take me long to find out that I could take that particular test as soon as three days before my period – great that meant Valentine’s Day!

The second problem Google could most likely answer, but not solve. I found it hard to get any real expert advice, but the general feeling in the online community was it’s better to just buy a new test and save yourself the anxiety. However, some did say that you are more likely to get a false-negative than a false-positive.

Well, I didn't FEEL pregnant - so it seemed like such a waste of time and money to go buy a new test. But I couldn't seem to throw the little thing away, so I stashed it back in my drawer ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP