20 weeks ... half way!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How far along: 20 weeks - I can't hardly believe that I've made it to the half way mark already. It really seems like just a couple weeks ago that I was sitting in the bathroom looking at the 2 pink lines!

Baby's size: A Cantaloupe
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. So I need to start thinking about that when I'm packing my lunch in the morning! If baby is a girl, her uterus is fully formed already and her vaginal canal is starting its development. If baby is a boy, his testicles have begun their descent, though they're still located in the abdomen, waiting for the scrotum to finish growing so they'll have a place to drop into in a few weeks. Either way, we should be able to see the sex of they baby on Friday at our ultrasound!


Blog Button

Symptoms: Not feeling the round ligament pains as much this week, but feeling a different sort of pain up more by my ribs. Definitely getting more back pain too - especially after jet skiing yesterday!

Sleep: Not sleeping on my stomach much anymore, which has been my primary sleeping position my entire life (except for the two months I was in traction and then a cast from breaking my femur when I was 8.) I'm sleeping mostly on my back and side. Not sure if it's ok to sleep on my back, but so far it has been comfortable. Side sleeping is my primary position, which is very comfortable at home with my tempurpedic mattress pad - but anywhere else my arm tends to fall asleep after being in that position for too long!

Total Weight Gain: 13 pounds

Maternity clothes: Finally some success with maternity jeans! After trying on about 20 pairs at Motherhood Maternity, I finally found ONE pair of cropped jeans that not only fit, but look good too! I also got a cute tank that still has a lot of room for me to grown into. (Pictures to come later this week!) My lovely sister-in-law also gave me a couple pairs of regular jeans - that are a couple sizes larger than I normally wear - that she wore while trying to lose the baby weight from her 2 year old. It's nice to button my pants again!

Best moment this week: Hubby felt baby move on Thursday!

Movement: Since the first time last Sunday night, I've been feeling the baby move all week! It is by far the coolest part of pregnancy so far! Nothing compares to it. Nothing. Even better, hubby finally felt the baby move on Thursday evening too!

Food cravings: No specific cravings, but I've been finding myself wanting sweets more. This is strange because I've never had much of a sweet tooth! When I was a kid I used to give up dessert in order to have extra bread at dinner!

Gender: We find out (hopefully) on July 9th! Looks like you guys are with me thinking it's a boy. But team girl is gaining strength! Place YOUR vote in the sidebar! Only three more days until we find out!

Labor signs:

What I miss: Buttoning my pants.

What I'm looking forward to: Finding out if we're having a boy or a girl.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones: Hubby feeling the baby move and making it half way in the pregnancy.

Emotions: I'm loving the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. I feel great, people are starting to notice my growing baby bump, and every week seems to bring something new! There are still so many things to look forward to, but I'm just really enjoying everything as it comes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP