baby has a name

Thursday, July 29, 2010

We first starting talking about baby names back in May. At the time I was still feeling like we were going to have a boy. The only trouble was, we could not come up with a name! We knew what the middle name would be (hubby's dad and grandpa's name, and hubby's middle name.) But everything we came up with for a first name either was already taken by a family member, didn't work for initials, or we just didn't agree on.

But a girls name? That was a different story.

Over a year ago, before we had even started to think about trying to have a baby, I mentioned a name to hubby and - to my surprise - he really liked it! So when we started talking about names back in May, I mentioned the name again. Hubby still really liked it - even though he didn't remember liking it a year ago! We decided at that point that we were about 90% sure that would be her name - if she was a girl!

Then the week before the ultrasound we started talking about names again. Still the same trouble with boys names. When we talked about girls' names, I mentioned another name I really liked. Hubby said it was ok. Then I mentioned THE name again. Hubby got a big old grin on his face - and I knew that was her name.

So when the ultrasound technician announced, "It's a Girl!", we instantly knew what her name was going to be.

Created with Collections from Three Paper Peonies

2 comments:

Belle's Butterfly July 29, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Beautiful! I love the name Ella. It's on my list, but would be hard with our first daughters name. Her name is Isabelle, but we call her Belle. But I love Ella. So pretty! Congratulations!

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP