19 weeks

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How far along: 19 weeks

Baby's size: A Mango
My little action figure is already choreographing his own Matrix-like moves this week. Arms and legs are finally in proportion, neurons are now connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone. All these upgrades combine to give baby more control over limb movements. This totally explains all the kicking, stretching, and body surfing (or rather belly surfing)) I've been feeling! Something not so appealing (sounding) is happening this week too. Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells now coats baby's skin, shielding him from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense!)


Blog Button

Symptoms: I can definitely feel that my ligaments are starting to relax and joints are loosening - my lower back and shoulders haven't been feeling so great, and I can definitely notice that my abs are not as strong lately! Still feeling those round ligament pains every now and again.

Sleep: Crawling into bed at night has become one of my favorite parts of the day! I'm still sleeping pretty well, which I am very thankful for. Just this week I've started to notice that it is slightly less comfortable to sleep on my stomach. It's still ok in my comfy bed, but forget laying on the floor or outside on a beach towel! My little bump doesn't quite get out of the way like it used to! Side sleeping is becoming my new favorite position.

Total Weight Gain: I jumped 2 more pounds this week! 12 pounds

Maternity clothes: I got a whole laundry basket of maternity clothes from hubby's cousin and sister this week. Most are way to big (at this point anyway) but I'm thinking even those will come in handy late in my pregnancy. There were a few cute tops in there that I'm excited about though.

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move Sunday night. That is by far the coolest thing yet!

Movement: Yes, finally! It feels like a little quarter flipping over in my stomach. I mostly feel him on the bottom right side, but sometimes in the middle too. Which is the same places Dr. B found his heartbeat!

Food cravings: I was really craving pancakes last weekend at the hotel, but room service wasn't serving breakfast at 2am. Go figure!?


Gender: We find out (hopefully) on July 9th! Place your vote in the sidebar!

Labor signs:

What I miss: Buttoning my pants.


What I'm looking forward to: Finding out if we're having a boy or a girl.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones: Feeling the baby move.

Emotions: I'm loving the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. I feel great, people are starting to notice my growing baby bump, and every week seems to bring something new! There are still so many things to look forward to, but I'm just really enjoying everything as it comes.

1 comments:

Kristy Villa July 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

I remember when I first felt my little L move for the first time. I was laying in bed and I thought it was her but I figured I was just making myself think I felt something. Then she kicked, hard. I got so excited! It's really such a great time. Good luck on finding out the sex! We didn't find out for sure until 38 weeks because she was stubborn. But we had been told it looked like a girl several times.

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP