17 weeks

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How far along: 17 weeks

Baby's size: An Onion
Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. Body fat is also starting to accumulate, and will continue to through the end of pregnancy. By the time baby is born, body fat will make up about two-thirds of his weight. He is most certainly listening up by now. In fact, loud noises - a dog barking, the doorbell ringing - can actually startle him. His eyes (which have now finished their migration to the front of the head) are making small side-to-side movements and can even perceive some light, though the eyelids are still sealed. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints. Amazing!


Blog Button

Symptoms: Still feeling those round ligament pains every now and again - sometimes getting pretty strong.

Sleep: Sleeping fine. Still getting tired a little earlier at night than normal.

Total Weight Gain: 9 pounds

Maternity clothes: Still loving my hair tie solution for my pants. Some of my shorter shirts no longer feel appropriate. Maternity shirts aren't far off, but my longer shirts are great for now.

Best moment this week: 

Movement: None yet, but I'm definitely starting to watch for it.

Food cravings: Still none, but I get lots of questions about them.


Gender: We find out (hopefully) on July 9th! Place your vote in the sidebar!

Labor signs:

What I miss: After cold weather at the lake this past weekend, I'm really missing the hot tub! 


What I'm looking forward to: My first ultrasound, obviously.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones: 4 months! 

Emotions: 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP