an ultrasound ... but not for me

Monday, June 14, 2010

Well hubby ended up getting an ultrasound before me! It's been an interesting week already, and it's only Monday.

Hubby woke up with such severe stomach pains this morning he could barely walk. I'm a bad wife and didn't realize the severity of the situation so I left for work anyway. Luckily we were staying at the lake cabin with his family, so his dad brought him into the clinic. They were concerned about his appendix and his gallbladder. He ended up spending most of the day there getting an ultrasound, a scan, and hooked up to an IV in the waiting room.

The ultrasound showed such a high white blood cell count that they were concerned he may have appendicitis, which would have meant surgery this afternoon to take out his appendix! So they wanted to confirm that with a scan. That meant sitting in the waiting room for several hours, hooked up to an IV for fluids, drinking a little cocktail about every 1/2 an hour. Thankfully the scan did not confirm appendicitis. So no surgery today!

But with white blood cell counts as high as he his the doctors are pretty sure he has some sort of infection. They want to do a few more tests, including e coli and Crohn's disease. So they took a blood sample and sent him home to get a stool sample. We're currently waiting to hear back from the lab.

*** Happy he's ok for now and praying it's nothing serious! ***

2 comments:

Nic June 14, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

Yikes!!! Hope he's okay!

Belle's Butterfly June 15, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

I hope your husband is ok and feels better!

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP