29 weeks

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How far along: 29 weeks

Baby's size: A Squash
Ella's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath her skin. This fat is different from the earlier brown fat that she accumulated. Brown fat is necessary for body temperature regulation while white fat (the fat adults have) actually serves as an energy source. And since she's growing so fast (her weight will double or triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. Soon her kicks will be more vigorous than before (and also less erratic) as she gets stronger and excitedly responds to all sorts of stimuli - movement, sounds, light, and that cup cake I ate half an hour ago!


Blog Button

Symptoms: Back pain, rib pain, leg cramps, frequent bathroom trips ...

Sleep: Still sleeping well, but hard to get comfortable. I may need to add a few pillows to the bed soon!

Total Weight Gain: 21 pounds

Maternity clothes: Went shopping with my mom over the weekend and finally bought the maternity jeans I've been eying for over three months! Also gave in and went bra shopping ... after trying on close to 50 bras, finally found four that worked - two of which came home with me. Bought my first nursing bra!

Best moment this week: My parents came up for Labor day. We had a great time looking through baby stuff, planning the nursery, and shopping for cribs and gliders.

Movement: Still feeling her all the time. Thinking I should start counting this week.

Food cravings: None ... well, made a chocolate cake last week just because I wanted a piece ... does that count? Hubby thinks it does. Didn't seem that different than a normal pms chocolate craving.

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs:

What I miss: Being independent. It's extremely hard for me to let others lift things for me!

What I'm looking forward to: Making plans for Ella's room.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones: 3rd Trimester! wow how did that happen! 

Emotions: We've had a TON going on in our life lately, so I've been so absent from the blog world. Besides Ella, I've been crazy busy at work this past month, and we've got other exciting news in the works as well. Hopefully once I get through this week, things will start slowing down a bit at work and I can get caught up on my blog ... and getting my butt in gear with my baby check list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP