the big 3 - 0

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No I'm not turning 30! Just made it to 30 weeks. I can hardly believe I'm that far along already. Ella will be here in just 10 short weeks. I'm feeling like it can't come soon enough! I can hardly wait to meet this little girl who we love so much already. Can't wait to see what she looks like, and what kind of little personality she will have.

But part of me is terrified by the fact that we only have 10 weeks left. There is still so much to be done! I don't have a pediatrician picked out, a daycare lined up, I haven't bought the crib yet, haven't found the perfect rocking chair ... and the list goes on.

But really her arrival is not some big deadline, it's only just the beginning! Yes there are things that need to be done before she arrives, but there is still so much time AFTER she arrives as well!

How far along: 30 weeks

Baby's size: A Squash
As Ella's skin smooths out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. Her bone marrow has taken over production of red blood cells (before, tissue groups and then the spleen took care of producing the blood cells.) This means she'll be better able to thrive on her own after birth. So it's in with the new (brain cells, red blood cells) and out with the old (lanugo.) Much of the lanugo - the soft, downy hair covering her body - is beginning to disappear now because both fat and the brain are regulating her body temperature (so no need for that furry coat anymore!) She's also adding some brawn - her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.


Blog Button

Symptoms: Back pain, rib pain, leg cramps, frequent bathroom trips ...

Sleep: Still sleeping well, but hard to get comfortable. I may need to add a few pillows to the bed soon!

Total Weight Gain: 22 pounds

Maternity clothes: Loving my new maternity jeans, and leggings. Even some of my larger sized pants are becoming too snug.

Best moment this week: I told hubby last night that we needed to take new belly photos because I was thirty weeks. He just looked at me and said, "Wow, we're going to have a baby!" It was so cute, he could not be any more excited!

Movement: Still feeling her all the time. Still haven't started counting kicks, maybe this week ...

Food cravings: Starting to think I may never have any ...

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs:

What I miss: Cuddling with hubby at night, and generally just being comfortable.

What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower. Just scheduled it for October 16th!

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones: We preregistered for giving birth at the hospital this morning! It's really just a simple little form with my contact and insurance info, but wow does that makes things real.

Emotions: Just really happy and content with life right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP