24 weeks

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How far along: 24 weeks

Baby's size: A Papaya
Ella's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow. If we could get a glimpse inside, we'd almost be able to tell who she looks like now. Her face is almost fully formed. But she needs to gain a little more weight still. At this stage of growth she's gaining about six ounces each week - with much of that gain coming from fat, in addition to growing organs, bones, and muscle. Ella can now hear all kinds of sounds: from air exhaling from my lungs, gastric gurgles produced by my stomach and intestines, even loud sounds such as honking horns, barking dogs, or wailing fire trucks, and best of all hubby and my voices!


Blog Button

Symptoms: Still getting a daily side-ache on the right side ache, feeling like my ribs are pulling apart, and getting back pain. Other than that, feeling pretty good

Sleep: Sleeping is starting to get more challenging. It's tough sleeping on your side all night, especially with sore back and ribs.

Total Weight Gain: 18 total

Maternity clothes: I'm finding maternity clothes, especially pants, increasing appealing! I still have my eye on a couple pairs of maternity jeans ... but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Best moment this week: Having complete strangers come up and tell me how cute I look and congratulate me. It's fun to be obviously pregnant, and not mistaken for just a little chubby. It's also fun to have everyone so excited with us!

Movement: I feel her move everyday, periodically throughout the whole day. She's the most active right around 11pm when I go to bed. I can really tell that she is growing too! The other night I felt her move on the right side of my belly AND below my belly button at the same time!

Food cravings: Still no major cravings!

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs:

What I miss: Not having back pain and rib pain everyday.

What I'm looking forward to: Starting our baby registry!

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones: choosing a name!

Emotions: I am feeling like there is SO MUCH TO DO! Need to research and pick a car seat, stroller, crib ... need to lineup a daycare ... need to figure out my maternity leave ... need to start a baby registry ... and the list goes on and on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP