27 weeks

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How far along: 27 weeks

Baby's size: An Eggplant
Ella's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means she's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in the womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid, but hey - it's progress. Ella's auditory development (hearing) is progressing as the network of nerves to the ears matures. And even though the sounds she hears are muffled, she may recognize both mine and hubby's voices. Her taste buds are very developed now too; she would be able to taste the difference in the amniotic fluid if I ate something super spicy! (Though her meal time is about two hours after mine.) She may even respond to the spice by hiccuping. And although hiccups (which would feel like a belly spasm to me) may seem like they're disturbing to baby, she isn't stressed at all. It's just one more sensation that she needs to get used to.


Blog Button

Symptoms: Besides the pain in my ribs and back, the only really noticeable symptom is an increase in leg cramps. I mostly get them at night or first thing in the morning, if I point my toes and stretch too hard.

Sleep: Still sleeping well, but hard to get comfortable. I may need to add a few pillows to the bed soon!

Total Weight Gain: no weight gain this week, still at 19 total

Maternity clothes: Yup, I like them.

Best moment this week: I read on one of my iPhone apps that you may be able to hear the baby's heartbeat from outside. So the other night hubby put his ear up to my stomach, and sure enough he heard her heartbeat right away!

Movement: She's quite active! I absolutely LOVE feeling her move throughout the day. But her favorite time of day by far is around 11pm, right when I go to bed.

Food cravings: None.

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs:

What I miss: Being independent. It's extremely hard for me to let others lift things for me!

What I'm looking forward to: Making plans for Ella's room.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones: 

Emotions: This pregnancy is flying by, and I still have so much to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP