26 weeks

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How far along: 26 weeks

Baby's size: An Eggplant
Ella's soaking up my antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she'll soon be practicing the blink ... perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes at her daddy. (Her eyes have been closed the past few months so that the retina, the part of the eye that allows images to come into focus, could develop. She can now see what's going on around her, unfortunately the view in my uterus isn't all that exciting! The iris, the colored part of the eye, still doesn't have much pigmentation, so it's too early to start guessing her eye color. (Even the color she's born with might not be the permanent shade.) Ella's brain-wave activity is kicking in at this stage in fetal development as well, which means she can not only hear noises but can now also respond to them. She's growing and will soon be feeling a little cramped in my uterus. My little gymnast will soon have less room for those somersaults and cartwheels that I always feel!


Blog Button

Symptoms: Still feeling like my ribs are pulling apart, and getting back pain. Other than that, feeling pretty good. Noticing that I get short of breath quicker than normal.

Sleep: I'm actually sleeping pretty well. But it is very hard to get comfortable at night. Hubby is starting to complain that I never want to cuddle with him anymore.

Total Weight Gain: 19 total

Maternity clothes: I'm finding myself reverting to the same couple pairs of pants that I know are comfortable, rather than bothering with the bella band.

Best moment this week: Touring the hospital yesterday. It's starting to all feel so real!

Movement: Still feeling her move everyday. Hubby's mom was able to feel her for the first time last weekend!

Food cravings: None.

Gender: Girl!

Labor signs:

What I miss: Being able to comfortably cuddle with hubby.

What I'm looking forward to: Making plans for Ella's room.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones: Taking our first prenatal class.

Emotions: This pregnancy is flying by, and I still have so much to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP