dr. h

Thursday, August 5, 2010

I had my 24 week checkup on Tuesday. Dr. B is on vacation this week, so I got to meet Dr. H. Dr. H is a short squatty guy with a balding head, but very nice. And I didn't have to wait a half an hour to see him, so bonus!

As Dr. H said, the 24 week checkup is a rather boring one. I peed in a cup, he asked me how I was feeling, listened for the heartbeat with the doppler (137 bpm), measured me, and I was on my way.

Actually this is the first time I've actually been measured. Dr. B has told me in the past that I "measure small," but she never actually measured. Dr. H got out a little measuring tape and measured from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus, which he said was 22 cm. So slightly on the small side, but nothing to worry about. As a rule of thumb, the measurement should equal the number of weeks you are pregnant. But 2 cm in either direction is considered within normal size.


He also told me that the pain I've been experiencing in the center of my ribs is probably heartburn and indigestion. He also said the ache in my right side could be my gull - caused by the same thing. For both I'm suppose to stay away from fried and greasy food, eat smaller meals, and recline as much as possible. Not sure I buy it though, it feels more like a bruise than a sharp pain. I'm more inclined to think that it's from my uterus growing and putting pressure on my ribs. But what do I know?

My next appointment is August 30th when I get to do the sugar test to look for gestational diabetes. Yay!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  August 10, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP