7 weeks 6 days

Monday, April 12, 2010

As much as I complained about the last four weeks going so slowly, I guess they went faster than I thought. I just looked back at the last time I did a weekly update, and it was at 4 1/2 weeks!

Tomorrow is the big day! The day that I've been waiting for. I get to go in for my first doctor appointment - well nurse appointment really. I have no idea what they will do, but I'm excited!

How far along: 7 weeks 6 days

Baby's size: A Blueberry
Baby's brain - both hemispheres! - is growing fast, generating about one hundred new cells every minute. Arms and legs are merging as joints start to form, and a permanent set of kidneys (baby's third!) is now in place.
Blog Button

Symptoms: I've been battling quite a bit of queasiness and a bit of nausea the last few weeks, but thankfully no full-fledged morning sickness yet. *crossing fingers* Oh, and just before the weekend my boobs started getting a little sore.

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well, except for the nights I wake up to pee - which thankfully isn't every night. I'm still very tired, but that's getting somewhat better as well. I think the B Complex vitamins are helping!

Total Weight Gain: 3 pounds! But I'm pretty sure it's all bloat and water weight. Since eliminating diet coke and coffee, I've been drinking about 32 oz of water a day!

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but all my jeans are already feeling pretty tight!

Best moment this week: Will be my doctor appointment tomorrow!

Movement:

Food cravings: No specific food cravings. I've been hungry ALL THE TIME! But haven't had much appetite for anything. As always, cereal has saved my life! That seems to be the one food I can eat no matter how sick I am.

Gender: feeling like it's a boy

Labor signs:

What I miss: Feeling pretty. Between the severe bloat and this horrible acne that's suddenly flared up, I'm not feeling very attractive these days. And the fact that most people don't know I'm pregnant only makes it worse.

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing the nurse tomorrow

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): I'm not feeling very wise this week. So many questions! I feel like every time I turn around I"m encountering another food that may or may not be safe for my baby!

Milestones: Surviving until my first appointment with the nurse!

Emotions: My emotions are still pretty much in check. Despite not feeling well for almost a month, I'm still feeling extremely happy and blessed.

Stay tuned, the first belly photos are coming this week!

4 comments:

Lara April 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

So exciting! This is such a fun time in your life. You should feel BEAUTIFUL! I had the acne flair up, too. It wasn't fun but it didn't last too long. Enjoy every second! In the end, it goes by really fast!

CJ April 14, 2010 at 10:51 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine April 19, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Aw! Congratulations! Such an exciting time!

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP