first prenatal appointment

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yesterday we had our first appointment with the prenatal care coordinator at the woman's clinic. She was absolutely wonderful! I was so nervous, and she just put us at ease. She took time to go through everything with us, let us ask as many questions as we wanted, and didn't make us feel silly for any of our questions! She even sent me home with a bag full of goodies, information, and a cute little journal.

After about an hour with her, she sent me down to the lab to get a full work up of tests. Apparently that does not include an actual pregnancy test! Thankfully hubby was there and asked a bunch of questions and discovered this before we got down to the lab, so we requested a pregnancy test. They took FIVE blood samples, and of course I had to pee in a cup as well.

All in all it was a great experience, and pretty painless. She called back an hour later to tell me everything looked good, and yes, I am indeed pregnant!

6 comments:

Yellow House Knits April 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yellow House Knits April 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yellow House Knits April 16, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Congratulations on your pregnancy! What an exciting time for you!

Thanks for stopping by the Yellow House and for your kind words about my baby sweaters. Please do let me know if you include my shop on your Etsy Favorites page--I'll give you a shout out on my blog and post your button, if you'd like

Anonymous,  April 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Congratulations!!!!

Chelsea April 19, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Congratulations!

It's nice to hear about someone else's first appointment. Especially since I'll be going to mine in the next month!

kanishk May 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Congratulations on your pregnancy! What an exciting time for you!
free classified india

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP