a growing belly?

Friday, April 23, 2010

I've been sitting at work all day today with the button of my jeans unbuttoned. Thankfully my zipper is some sort of wonder zipper and has remained fully zipped, even with all the walking around I've done today. How can my belly be growing so much? Is it aware that I'm only 9 weeks!?

Apparently not. Or maybe it's just all in my head. Or ... maybe, just maybe, there's some other explanation? Maybe I'm further along than I think? I mean, I had two fairly strong pink lines four days before my missed period. Hmmm. But that seems pretty unlikely.

Or maybe I'm having twins! Hmmm now that's a thought! That could explain my high pregnancy hormones so early on too. Wouldn't that be fun? I always thought it would be fun to BE a twin, so wouldn't it be fun to HAVE twins? ... or would it just be insane!?

Not that I meet any of the classic criteria ... no maternal history, not on fertility drugs, not over weight, not over 45, haven't had twins already, not Nigerian and don't eat a lot of Yams, not breastfeeding, didn't get pregnant while on the pill. But maybe I just got lucky!

What's more likely though is that I'm just in awe of the fact that there's a real baby growing inside of me! Especially with my lack of overall symptoms, I think I'm grasping to the one tangible one - a growing belly.

2 comments:

Hepburn Hilton April 23, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

When I started reading this post I was going to comment " yes, me to. How to fight that" but then I quickly got that while you are pregnant and are allowed to have a growing tummy I am just fat! lol

Unknown April 23, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

Hi! I found your blog yesterday via Top Baby Blogs (my newest obsession). My husband and I are new to TTC and I've just been looking for other blogs that I sympathize with and enjoy :) Congratulations on your little bean! Twins would certainly be exciting :] But one baby's just as exciting, too. Either way, I wish you a long and healthy pregnancy!

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP