9 weeks

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How far along: 9 weeks

Baby's size: A Green Olive
My little baby has now officially graduated from embryo to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart (they'll be doing one on Monday!) With basic physical structure in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like ... well ... a baby!

Blog Button

Symptoms: My queasiness has gotten much better. I'm not getting cramping nearly as much as in the beginning either (weeks 5 and 6 were the worst.) My boobs are definitely still sore! Not sure if they've gotten much bigger, but they definitely look a little swollen.

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well, but not enough! Two nights ago I woke up THREE times to go to the bathroom! I'm still pretty tired, but mostly noticing that I can't do as much activity in a day as I used to. We helped my brother move on Saturday, and then cleaned up at the Lake cabin on Sunday and by the end of the weekend I was exhausted!

Total Weight Gain: 3-4 pounds - depending on the day. Between weeks 5 and 7 I gained a pound a week, but now it seams to have leveled off a bit.

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but thinking about investing in a BellaBand so I can prolong the need for maternity pants.

Best moment this week: We told all our extended family about the baby!

Movement:

Food cravings: Still hungry all the time. But I'm getting into more of a routine with my more-frequent-smaller meals. I've also started using MyPyramid from the USDA. They have a Menu Planner that helps tally the nutrients and calories you get each day. I have never been one to think much about nutrition or read labels, I just try to make healthy choices and I don't have much of a sweet tooth. But this is helping me make sure I'm getting a balanced diet!

Gender: feeling like it's a boy

Labor signs:

What I miss: Energy

What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my OB on Monday

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): This week I realized I don't get enough protein and dairy. I'm working on that!

Milestones: Getting the official "You're Pregnant" from the clinic!

Emotions: Hubby and I were in such denial the first few weeks about really being pregnant. Not denial because we didn't think it was true, but denial because we so desperately WANTED it to be true! After being reassured by the clinic that I am indeed pregnant, the excitement is starting to become more of a reality!

I know I promised belly pictures last week, but I promise they are coming this week! I just need hubby to take a 9 week photo then I can prove to you how much bigger I've gotten since 6 weeks!

2 comments:

Set Apart Living Mama April 20, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

OMGoodness!!! I didn't know that you had gotten pregnant!! I hadn't visited since my last comment!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!!! AWWW I want another one now! I just told hubby that and he said when the Dr says it's ok which I know will never happen! I can't wait to see the pics! Again, congrats! Oh and I was reading my comment on your 1st post. LOL sorry about the typing.. I'm always holding my new little one so I'm usually typing with one hand! CONGRATS!

The mad woman behind the blog April 20, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

One of the tricks I've learned from the first one is to keep strong rubber bands around. You can loop it thru your button hole and then put both "loops" on the button.

Oh, and empire waist tops and dresses. I was able to wear NON maternity dresses all the way thru my pregnancy. (though this one won't be the same AT ALL!, bring on the maternity wear.)
And I too am at week 9 w/ my little olive!

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP