recipe swap

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Simply Modern Mom has a really awesome challenge going on this week that I just had to share with you! She is trying to come up with 365 delicious, favorite recipes from bloggers. I love this idea. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the world's greatest cook. But I am always looking for new recipes to try.

Over-used Recipes Swap

My favorite recipe is actually from Paula Deen over at the food network. Molten Lava Cake is my hubby's absolute favorite dessert, he's always ordering it at restaurants. So last year for his birthday his sister figured out how to make it at home! Here's the recipe ...


Ingredients
6 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 stick) butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange liqueur

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Grease 6 (6-ounce) custard cups. Melt the chocolates and butter in the microwave, or in a double boiler. Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir in the eggs and yolks until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and orange liqueur. Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups. Place in the oven and bake for 14 minutes. The edges should be firm but the center will be runny. Run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto dessert plates.

We like to top it with a little powdered sugar and a few raspberries or strawberries. But you could top it with a number of other things, or leave it plain!

Let me know if you try it! Also, let me know what YOUR favorite recipes are! I'd love to try them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP