11 weeks

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I can't hardly believe I'm 11 weeks along already. So close to the end of the first trimester (yay!) Yesterday was like a dream. I wish I had brought a recorder or something to capture our little baby's heartbeat. It was all just so surreal.

Last night, as we settled in to watch 24 with hubby's family, he leaned over and whispered into my year "bum bum, bum bum" - mimicking the sound we heard that morning. It brought such a huge smile to my face and made me so happy to be going on this journey with HIM. I cannot get over how blessed I feel right now.

You often hear people advising high schoolers and college students to enjoy their time, because it is the best time of their life. I was thinking this morning as I got ready for work that that is SO not the case for me. This very well may be the best time of my life ... so far.

How far along: 11 weeks

Baby's size: A Lime (so much more attractive than a prune!)
Baby currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head. On the crown of that large head (and over the rest of the body), fair follicles are forming. His skin is so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

Blog Button

Symptoms: I'm not dealing with much queasiness, but there are still moments of just not feeling quite right.

Sleep: Sleeping ok. Thankfully I'm a hard sleeper, so I'm not waking up much in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. But it does get me out of bed earlier in the morning!

Total Weight Gain: Still sticking to around 3-4 pounds.

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but bought a BellaBand and I love it! I'm hoping this will get me by for another couple months.

Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat at our first OB appointment yesterday. I think that moment may have changed my life.

Movement:

Food cravings: Hunger level is the same, but no cravings so far.

Gender: the 150 heart rate kind of threw me off, but still thinking boy

Labor signs:

What I miss: clear skin. the pregnancy acne is in full swing!

What I'm looking forward to: everyone knowing! I announced it on facebook yesterday!

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): There is so much about pregnancy that is completely out of our control. We need to put it all in God's capable hands and trust Him to take care of our baby.

Milestones: hearing the baby's heartbeat, and hitting double digits in weeks

Emotions: The reality of this is starting to sink in, though I have a feeling I may still be saying that in 7 months! Hearing the heartbeat, and having the OB confirm how far along I was makes everything more real. I'm a little overwhelmed with it all!

5 comments:

Jessica Radick May 4, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

Reading this brought a tear to my eye as I recalled those moments in my pregnancy. Hearing the heart beat for the first time is one of those very special moments you will remember forever. And you are right... as a soon to be mommy, this is very well the best time of your life and there will be many more to come to replace that. Being a mother is an all time blessing. And let me just add how freaking adorable it was for your husband to "bum bum" in your ear... ugh... so sweet! Hope your pregnancy continues to be enjoyable!

http://jeansandatshirtmom.blogspot.com/

Unknown May 4, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

11 weeks- it's crazy to think about having another PERSON inside of you! and plus- by 11 weeks they actually LOOK like a mini person- insane!

Holly May 5, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

I loved hearing Baby's heartbeat - it made everything seem so much more REAL. It's like I knew there was a baby in there but I didn't really get it until I heard that heartbeat!

Set Apart Living Mama May 7, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

You and your hubby are too cute! Isn't it just soooo exciting!!!
I'm having a giveaway on my blog! Something that you will probably be needing! When you get a chance check it out!
http://meandmineinasmalltown.blogspot.com/2010/05/nursing-reminder-bracelet-review-and.html

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP