pregnancy hormones

Friday, May 14, 2010

Wednesday hubby worked late - a fairly normal occurrence. I planned to grill chicken for dinner once he got home. Except, as he walked in the door, I realized 1) we are out of chicken, and 2) we are out of propane for the grill. Ok, plan B: burgers on the George Foreman grill. No big deal.

So I start dinner. Hubby is stressed from work but asks what he can do to help. I hand him the plate of hamburger patties and tell him to put them on the grill. He questions my choice of seasoning, we have a conversation about it, I get defensive, then he feels bad. We moved on.

As we are making dinner, he's telling me all about a very important meeting he had that day. One that is very relevant to our immediate future, but one I can't tell you about - yet. So I'm running around, keeping an eye on the food, preparing drinks, setting the table, and trying to listen to him talk and retain every detail. He, unfortunately, can't multi-task so he just paces as he talks. Then has to stop mid sentence to check on the burgers. Then has to back up and repeat himself. All making it harder for me to concentrate on what he's saying, at the same time remember what I'm doing with dinner.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm not a huge fan of cooking? I don't mind it, but its definitely not a hobby of mine. And nothing stresses me out more than trying to figure out WHAT to cook for dinner each night.

So there I am, standing at the stove. The food is almost ready. And I suddenly burst into tears.

What? Where did that come from?

Hubby gets a phone call. I walk into the bathroom, hoping it will just pass.

It doesn't.

So hubby gets off the phone, and obviously notices that I'm upset. He's good that way. The food is ready, but he stops me and gives me a big hug and asks what's wrong. But I don't know.

Maybe the subject we are talking about? It's a big life change. Maybe his stress is rubbing off on me, that happens quite often. Maybe that I'm tired, and it's only Wednesday. Maybe that, um I don't know, I'm pregnant? And suddenly I don't feel well and I don't want to eat anything that I'm making. Or maybe all of the above.

Or maybe it's just the pregnancy hormones.

2 comments:

Pippy May 14, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

It's the hormones. I had a few of those crying for no reason nights. It's really weird. Like you can still feel your rational brain asking you "What the crap is wrong with you? You're not even really upset."
But You can't stop the tears.
Hang in there! It's worth it!

Kat @ www.TodaysCliche.com May 17, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

It is the hormones. Awww. Feel better.

And thanks for visiting my blog on SITS day!

Kat
http://todayscliche.com

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP