14 weeks

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How far along: 14 weeks

Baby's size: A Lemon
My little baby is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, making urine (not so cute but equally amazing), and breathing amniotic fluid as his liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Growth is happening on top of the head as well - he's starting to sprout some hair (though the final color may not be determined until birth) and eyebrows are filling in too. Hair growth isn't limited to his head though. He is also covered in a downy coating of hair called lanugo, largely there for warmth. (He'll shed this later on when he gains more body fat.)

Blog Button

Symptoms: I think I may have started experiencing round ligament pain this past week. It's basically pregnancy growing pains. Baby must be going through a growth spurt, which causes the round ligaments around my uterus to stretch. It feels like a quick jab, or sometimes a longer-lasting dull ache in my lower abdomen. Not the most fun thing, but definitely something I can live with. I'll take this over morning sickness any day!

Sleep: Sleeping fine.  

Total Weight Gain: 7 pounds. 

Maternity clothes: Not using my bella band as much as I thought I would, but I still think they'll come in handy later on. I've discovered using hair ties with my pants works great! I just loop it around the button, run it through the button hole, and then back over the button. Gives me the extra inches I need, and it's a little stretchy so it has some give when I sit. 

Best moment this week: Other people, besides immediate family, are starting to notice my baby bump! 

Movement:  

Food cravings: Sparkling water, I could drink it all day. 

Gender:  

Labor signs:

What I miss: Clear skin. This pregnancy acne still isn't getting any better. Looking forward to getting a tan to disguise it a little. Officially got my first sunburn of the year yesterday, oops! 

What I'm looking forward to: My next OB appointment is only a week and a half away! 

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): 

Milestones:

Emotions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP