12 weeks

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How far along: 12 weeks

Baby's size: A Plum
I'm moving into the second trimester, and baby is shifting into the growth and maturation (what a word!) stage! After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of his systems are fully formed. It's hard to believe, but baby has more than doubled in size in the past 3 weeks. The fetal digestive system is beginning to flex its digestive muscle - literally - as it starts practicing contraction movements, a skill baby will need after birth to push food through the digestive tract. The pituitary gland at the base of the brain has started producing hormones. And the bone marrow is making white blood cells, which will one day help baby fight infection.

Blog Button

Symptoms: It's kind of crazy, but I feel pretty much the same as before getting pregnant! Well, besides the constant need to eat and my growing belly!

Sleep: Sleeping ok. I have more energy during the day than I did at the beginning of pregnancy, but I'm more tired than normal (as in before being pregnant) at the end of the day. I'm normally a night owl, but now once 10 o'clock hits I'm ready for bed!

Total Weight Gain: 5 pounds.

Maternity clothes: Between my BellaBand and my larger sized pants I'm doing pretty well. I'm looking forward to when I can legitimately shop for maternity clothes, but probably just because it means new clothes!

Best moment this week: Mother's Day, or should I say 'In-Utero' Mother's Day as my cousin told me. It was just so fun to spend the day with hubby thinking about how different our lives will be this time next year!

Movement:

Food cravings: Anything other than water to drink! I like water and all, but when you drink so much of it it gets so boring!

Gender: thinking boy

Labor signs:

What I miss: Clear skin. Really hoping my pregnancy acne calms down in the second trimester!

What I'm looking forward to: A real baby bump.

Weekly Wisdom (aka what I learned this week): It may not have been such a good idea to read a few real life "birth stories". Now I'm a little (ok a lot!) nervous for labor and delivery!

Milestones: Making it through the first trimester!

Emotions: Just so happy. Happy to be pregnant. Happy everything is going well. Happy to be living this part of my life. Happy to soon be a mom. And happy to be doing it all with my hubby.

***12 week belly photos coming tomorrow!***

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP