sleep

Friday, May 28, 2010

You may have figured out by now that I LOVE my sleep. Scratch that, I NEED my sleep. If I don't get a full eight hours I'm not a happy camper. And if I could get nine hours I would just be in bliss. I'm not much of a morning person either. I'm not cranky, but I'd much rather just be left alone to get ready in peace - at least until after my shower. And it's pretty much impossible for me to get out of bed before 7am. To me the ideal sleeping schedule would be midnight to 9 am. Ha like that's realistic!



This is why I'm so thankful that this pregnancy hasn't disrupted my sleep all that much. On the occasion that I do wake up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I can always fall right back to sleep. Really I hardly wake up in the first place. I just stumble to the bathroom, and then stumble back to bed.

Hubby and I are both very hard sleepers too (though he doesn't seem to need as much sleep as I do). He snores, I grind my teeth, but neither of us care because we sleep right through it! We usually sleep right through storms, the neighbors baby screaming (we share a wall), sirens, etc.

All of this has been a slight cause for concern for me lately. Especially since one of the number one things I hear from people is, "Enjoy your sleep now! Because once the baby comes you won't be getting much!" Great. Thanks for the vote of confidence people.

But will I be ok? Will I ever get sleep? But more importantly, will I hear my baby cry in the night? Will I wake up to feed him? Will I wake up if something is wrong?

Well Sunday night I had a little encouragement. Hubby and I have been leaving our windows open at night, to save a little money on AC. There was a slight chance of rain, but we were too tired to care. At 3:38 AM I suddenly was awake. I heard a couple small rain drops on the window and got hubby up to help me close the windows. Not more than a minute after we crawled back into bed, it started pouring! Like, I'm talking down pouring rain, thunder, lightning, the whole deal. We would have had a big puddle of a mess to clean up in the morning.

Something tells me my body is getting ready for this baby!

1 comments:

torie@Life With Rylie May 29, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

I felt the same way! I slept great through out my pregnancy and I was scared that I wouldn't hear Rylie cry. I think when you become a mom you just have a 6th sense :)

Post a Comment

Content Protected

I would LOVE for you to share my posts and ideas with others! I always try my best to give credit where credit is due, so I ask that you do the same. Please, let me know if you share something you found here, and simply link back to my blog. That way I can come check out your blog as well!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP